upgrading ios 6.1.2 to ios 8.x on iphone 4s
I have ios 6.1.2 on iphone 4s, i bought it that way and i can't upgrade to ios7.
My question is, should i update to ios 8.1.1 or wait ios 8.2, since i can't use some application because i have older ios.
- 11-30-2014, 08:49 PM #2iMore Nanite
- 5 Posts
Re: upgrading ios 6.1.2 to ios 8.x on iphone 4s
NO! I upgraded my iPad 2 which runs the same A5 chip that the iPhone 4s has. Upgrading my iPad rendered it completely useless. Well, I could use it, but it would constantly freeze up in the middle of typing an email or something and I would have to restart it and start the email all over again. I tried to reset to factory and do a fresh install and still had too many issues. iOS 7 worked fine on it, but iOS 8 ruined it. After enough trial, error, frustration and wanting to throw it into the wall, I headed over to Best Buy and traded it in. Got $106 for it and $100 for the iPhone 4s that I no longer used. Got the iPad Air 2. So the upgrade to iOS 8 cost me a few hundred bucks and my iPhone that I was happily using as an iPod....
- 11-30-2014, 08:54 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2016, 06:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2014, 03:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2014, 03:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-22-2014, 02:06 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-22-2014, 02:00 PM