Is there a way to roll back and remove OS X Yosemite besides using time machine?
I have Seagate Ext. hdd formatted for Apple not working and that is where my time machine backed up to? Wish I would have seen comments regarding yosemite problems with ext hdd before I updated.
- 11-21-2014, 08:20 PM #2Banned
- 8,230 Posts
Re: Is there a way to roll back and remove OS X Yosemite besides using time machine?
You'll lose all your data, but boot into Recovery (hold Option R will booting). In the recovery partition, select Disk Utilities and reformat the hard drive. Then boot again into recovery and choose internet recovery and it will download and install whichever OS X version your Mac came with.
NOTE: please love k up better instructions on doing Internet recovery because the above is simplified instructions and I've never done it myself. The use of Internet recovery also depends on the age of your Mac and I don't remember when it started being supported.
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2016, 06:38 AM
- By TekNinja81 in forum MacBook ProReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2014, 08:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2014, 08:14 PM
- By thomas716 in forum MacBook ProReplies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2014, 04:17 PM