My 8.1.1 won't install on my iPad. It says it's downloaded and shows the space it's taking up, why?

I

iMore Question

8.1.1 won't install on my iPad. It says it's downloaded and shows the space it's taking up.

After pressing all the "agrees" on the pop up it runs for a bit then I get an error message. That says something went wrong with installing it. And gives me the option to go to settings or press cancel. I was low on memory initially 1.6 GB I think, I deleted stuff and now it's 5.2 GB and this is still happening. This is on an iPad 4 that I bought in mid-September. If anyone knows why this is happening that would be a great help.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1.1 won't install on my iPad. It says it's downloaded and shows the space it's taking up.

After pressing all the "agrees" on the pop up it runs for a bit then I get an error message. That says something went wrong with installing it. And gives me the option to go to settings or press cancel. I was low on memory initially 1.6 GB I think, I deleted stuff and now it's 5.2 GB and this is still happening. This is on an iPad 4 that I bought in mid-September. If anyone knows why this is happening that would be a great help.

It’s hard to say exactly what is occurring. Do you have access to a computer with iTunes? You can go that route for updating to iOS 8.1.1. Using iTunes to update should not cause any issues with the amount available free storage on your device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods