Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By phreddyl
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Can you help us get iMessages working again?

I live in Virginia and my Mom is in Washington State. I'm trying to help her with her iPad over the phone. :/ She recently came to visit and I sent her pictures from my phone thru iMessage. We've never had a problem before but now her iMessage won't work. She can see that I'm sending her messages on the top notification bar. But when she tries to open it there is no message. She can't create a new message either. And the little red number is showing up on her iMessage icon but there is no thread when she opens it. We tried restarting the iPad. We tried resetting the network settings. I'm out of ideas. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Default Re: iMessage not working??

She can try turning iMessage off completely- then do a reboot then turn it on again- see if that helps-
    Just_Me_D likes this.

Default Re: iMessage not working??

The problem may have nothing to do with either or your devices. Apple's System Status page is indicating that problems with multiple iCloud-related services are affected a certain percentage of users.

taz323 likes this.