My MacPro (2011) is slower than it used to be. Will Yosemite make it even slower?
I have a MacBook Pro from 2011. I presently have thousands of pictures on it and at times I have speed issues but generally I am happy with its performance. I am not any kind of computer geek but I do have limited knowledge about the workings of my computer. It is way slower than it used to be and I am worried that if I put Yosemte on I will slow it down further. Any thoughts
- 11-20-2014, 06:07 PM #2
- 38,511 Posts
Re: MacPro from 2011
I have OS X Yosemite running on a MacBook (early 2009) with 4 GB RAM. If it's working well on my device, it should work even better on yours, in my opinion. How many items do you have running in the background at startup/login? Try going through all of your settings and make changes where needed to see if performance improves.
- By arnoctn in forum iOS 8Replies: 11Last Post: 11-22-2014, 07:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2014, 01:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-20-2014, 10:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2014, 08:28 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2014, 08:12 AM