Why won't safari let me open with my home page it always opens with the Apple default page?

I

iMore Question

safari will not let me open with my home page it always opens with the apple default page

i set to open with my home page and select my home page but when i open safari it always reverts back to the apple default page

youngrapper

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: safari will not let me open with my home page it always opens with the apple default page

On iPhone there's on option to set a homepage.

If you have MacBook/iMac try to go to the settings and reset website data :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: safari will not let me open with my home page it always opens with the apple default page

There is an option in settings to set a search engine however whenever you launch Safari it is always going to open with the last website you visited. I cannot see any settings even in Safari under bookmarks to set a 'homepage'

dannywbrownkofu

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Go to the Safari menu at top of screen. Safari>preferences>general>new windows open with. It is probably already set at "Favorites." So change that to "Homepage." Also go to Safari>preferences>general>new tabs open with. Change that to "Homepage" as well. Then all Safari pages should open with your homepage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2