Unlocked AT&T iPhone - Sealed in Box - Do I need to open to finish unlock?
Hi. I've received a warranty replacement 5S from AT&T, but since it was paid off I got the wife a 6 instead and plan to sell the new 5S. AT&T were able to unlock it, but I got the following email that requires me to open the box and restore it. I was hoping not to do this because a) the new iPhone 6 is now active on that line, and b) I figured I'd get more for it selling it sealed in the box. Any thoughts on the best course of action? Many thanks,
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.
2. Ensure the original SIM card that came with this device is inserted in your iPhone.
3. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
4. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit . . .
5. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.
Additional information on unlocking can be found at . . .
For questions regarding AT&T Mobile device, please visit the Phone/Device Learning Center.
Thank you for your business. For other questions about our AT&T wireless service or other Mobile devices, please visit att.com.