Bought 2 iPads from our IT guy at work, I think they might be stolen ... what do I do?

I

iMore Question

The IT guy at work has gotten people big TV's, and laptops and such and he knew I was in the market for an iPad for myself and my son. They are wifi only and are 2nd generation. We have been using them, but my office said that a couple of iPad's have came up missing. Of those that came up missing, one was new in packing and never used and the other was one that was already set up and had been used. The ones I purchased from the IT guy were both new and in boxes and original wrapping. I am worried and scared to use them because I don't want them tracked to my house and me get in trouble for purchasing something from someone that I thought was legit. I am no longer with the company as I resigned my position and left, but one of my friends who works there said that they had two go missing and I am worried that the IT guy might have stolen them and sold them to me ... what do I do?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If they were new out of the box and you set it up with your apple ID and password then it shouldnt be an issue- At least I dont think so- I will say this IT guy sounds a bit shady and the items probably did "fall off the truck"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh