Why is the iPhone 5c a peice of CRAP?

I

iMore Question

I switched from android to iPhone and got the 5c on contract with Verizon. I thought it would be a nice move. a lot of family and friends have iPhones and so I thought it would be a good phone. WRONG it was a bad move. I liked the idea of FaceTime but so far that's the only thing good about this peice of CRAP. It doesn't have a port for a memory card so I'm stuck with 8gb. It gets lousy internet access and most of the time no internet. It constantly has to be rebooted, it's service is awful because of those issues. I hate this phone. The android had great internet and I could even be a hotspot for up to five devices. It had a memory card port, it didn't give me the disappointment the iPhone does. I can't wait for the next 23 months of my contract to be over so I can get a real phone again because this isn't even good as a paper weight. iPhone sucks. I hate this iPhone 5c and do not recommend it to even a worst enemy. It's a time consuming nightmare.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. Now I do think that only 8GB is very limited. Perhaps you've got a defective device though? Mine did not have any issues with the internet or hotspot at all. I'm curious, why did you choose the 5c over the 5s?

If you just bought the 5c, perhaps you could still return it? I'm not sure if Verizon charges a restocking fee. If it's defective though, I don't see why they would charge that.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I switched from android to iPhone and got the 5c on contract with Verizon. I thought it would be a nice move. a lot of family and friends have iPhones and so I thought it would be a good phone. WRONG it was a bad move. I liked the idea of FaceTime but so far that's the only thing good about this peice of CRAP. It doesn't have a port for a memory card so I'm stuck with 8gb. It gets lousy internet access and most of the time no internet. It constantly has to be rebooted, it's service is awful because of those issues. I hate this phone. The android had great internet and I could even be a hotspot for up to five devices. It had a memory card port, it didn't give me the disappointment the iPhone does. I can't wait for the next 23 months of my contract to be over so I can get a real phone again because this isn't even good as a paper weight. iPhone sucks. I hate this iPhone 5c and do not recommend it to even a worst enemy. It's a time consuming nightmare.

Clearly you did your research. The iPhone has NEVER had a memory card slot. No version. Ever. Also, the 8GB model is sorely insufficient. Did you even investigate the amount of storage that you would need? I know you researched to know that the free ($0.99) iPhone 5C is ONLY available in the 8GB model at this point, right?

It looks more like you got the cheapest device you could get without doing any research, and now you?re complaining. Take back to the store where you got it and buy a real iPhone with enough storage to meet your needs.

Good job - well done.