Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default shutting off camera shutter sound in JP/KR spec iphone

It's widely known that iphones sold in Japan/Korea aren't able to mute the camera shutter by law. I want to try following methods to kill the sound, and I would like to know from all you Jailbreak pros if the options are viable.

1. try restoring the iphone 6 with firmware from US. hoping it would change the hardcode of the sound to US mutable version.

2. Jailbreak my iphone -> change/del the name of the sound clip -> restore to stock firmware. I'm guessing restoring will regenerate the sound clip file? if so then this won't work

3. Jailbreak my iphone -> dig around to find the hardcode command to see which setting determines the JP/KR setting, then change the sound setting to OFF upon MUTE. then restore to stock firmware. Changing the actual variable so even if the restoration regenerate the data in #2 this will still work. I'm just not sure if this is at all possible?

Staying Jailbreak status isn't my option since my financial apps won't be usable upon JB, and I need them.

Thanks lots!