Boot from USB SuperDrive with middle 2011 iMac
Hello. I replaced internal SD with a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. The USB SuperDrive works fine with CD/DVD, but when I tried to boot from a CD to update SSD firmware it failed. I know that this limitation is imposed by Apple in iMac with original SuperDrive on board.
Does someone know how to solve this issue?
- By calebt in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 28Last Post: 01-11-2015, 03:44 AM
- By lproxyl1 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 21Last Post: 11-18-2014, 08:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-16-2014, 06:50 AM
- By pappy53 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 1Last Post: 11-16-2014, 04:17 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-16-2014, 04:06 AM