is CMap Tools compatible with mac os X yosemite?
when I try to update CMap Tools in my MacBook Pro, Mac Os X yosemite, it says that Java SE 6 old environment is required.
- 11-13-2014, 10:33 AM #2
- 01-19-2015, 02:18 PM #3
- 01-19-2015, 10:32 PM #4iMore Expert
- 931 Posts
Re: Is CMap Tools compatible with the Mac OS X Yosemite?
CmapTools Download | Cmap (page bottom) shows the system requirements for OS X as Java 7. I've not used CMap Tools, but have run into Java runtime compatibility issues similar to this. CMap Tools may have a dependency on Java older than 8, thus the error its returning.
As kch50428 points out, the Java site should have version 6. Per the Cmap | Cmap Software it does appear that Java 6 is required for OS X 10.10. This appears to go counter to the requirements listed on the CMap Tools download page.
If you have the ability to contact the CMap Tools for Support directly, or ask a question here IHMC CmapTools & CmapServer Support Forum ? Index page it may help get you closer to the answer.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 11-18-2014, 11:55 PM
- By Dale Brown3 in forum iPad mini 2Replies: 3Last Post: 11-14-2014, 06:36 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2014, 09:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2014, 09:00 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2014, 08:22 AM