Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iphone 4 charges but won't connect to macbook

I have an iphone 4 that I manually manage using a 2009ish macbook. The phone charges when plugged in through the usb port, but does not show up on the computer.

I've tried the following on a mac and a pc: reinstalled itunes, restarted computers multiple times, rebooted (hold down home and lock buttons) iphone twice as suggested on another forum, used a different usb port, used a difference usb cord, installed yosemite, new iphoto, new itunes. It didn't work with old or new osx or iphoto or itunes.

If this has anything to do with it, I recently (don't think I've tried syncing since) moved all my pics from iphoto to an external hd to free up space on macbook.

Default Re: iphone 4 charges but won't connect to macbook

The only thing left to try is to connect it to a different computer to see if iTunes will detect it. If not, then I *assume* you have a defective dock connector on your iPhone. If you live near an Apple Store, have them diagnose the problem for you.

How to fix the dock connector on an AT&T/GSM iPhone 4 | iMore