iphone 4 charges but won't connect to macbook
I have an iphone 4 that I manually manage using a 2009ish macbook. The phone charges when plugged in through the usb port, but does not show up on the computer.
I've tried the following on a mac and a pc: reinstalled itunes, restarted computers multiple times, rebooted (hold down home and lock buttons) iphone twice as suggested on another forum, used a different usb port, used a difference usb cord, installed yosemite, new iphoto, new itunes. It didn't work with old or new osx or iphoto or itunes.
If this has anything to do with it, I recently (don't think I've tried syncing since) moved all my pics from iphoto to an external hd to free up space on macbook.
- 11-12-2014, 09:13 AM #2
- 38,470 Posts
Re: iphone 4 charges but won't connect to macbook
The only thing left to try is to connect it to a different computer to see if iTunes will detect it. If not, then I *assume* you have a defective dock connector on your iPhone. If you live near an Apple Store, have them diagnose the problem for you.
How to fix the dock connector on an AT&T/GSM iPhone 4 | iMore
- By Haley Kellam in forum Apple TVReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2015, 04:27 AM
- By vanilal in forum iPhoneReplies: 2Last Post: 11-20-2014, 07:48 AM
- By ckillam3 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2014, 09:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2014, 08:40 PM
- By TurboTiger in forum AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 11-11-2014, 08:05 PM