Why Apple ID work like crap
I erased my previous iPhone and sold it, subsequently, but an iPhne 6 and restored it to my previous settings, I couldn't access my iCloud account with my 2 step verification! I had a ******* picture to prove the veracity of the master key, regardless I had to recall the iPhone 5 I'd sold and restore it to my previous settings to get the verification code! Apple really needs to solve this issue, primarily accepting the computer as a verifying device! That will do the trick!
- 11-10-2014, 03:02 PM #2Banned
- 8,230 Posts
Re: Why Apple ID work like crap
That's why you should have set up two factor auth with 1) another apple device and 2) sms as a backup. When I bought my new phone and restored from backup, I had the choice of using my old iPhone (which I still had but had been wiped) or using SMS. I got the verification code via SMS to the very device I was trying to set up, I entered the code and the restore proceeded.
- By sameerashroff in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 5Last Post: 11-10-2014, 09:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-10-2014, 01:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-10-2014, 01:13 PM
- By Vocaltic in forum iOS 8Replies: 2Last Post: 11-10-2014, 01:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2014, 09:19 AM