Iphone 6 Plus vs Iphone 6 -- Which to buy? Running and fitness

I

iMore Question

I am currently in the market for a new phone.

I've personally never been a fan of Phablet type phones (I've always felt like they are too big and cumbersome). I used my iphone for everything from streaming music (Pandora) to video. In a typical month I stream about 4 GB of data (both video and music). This is including only using wi-fi when I'm home.

As I've stated... I've always been a fan of the smaller phones. I love the option to just put the phone in my pocket as I'm running and/or working out. But one major feature of the iphone plus has had me take notice... the battery life.

Since I use my phone so much, batter life is a huge feature I look for. I know the iphone plus has a substantially better battery life, which entices me to purchase the larger phone (despite the fact that I've never liked big phones).

My question: Based on the way I use my phone: should I bite the bullet and get the bigger phone? My biggest fear is I won't be able to get used to the bigger size (and the size con will outweigh the benefit of the better battery life).

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I am currently in the market for a new phone.

I've personally never been a fan of Phablet type phones (I've always felt like they are too big and cumbersome). I used my iphone for everything from streaming music (Pandora) to video. In a typical month I stream about 4 GB of data (both video and music). This is including only using wi-fi when I'm home.

As I've stated... I've always been a fan of the smaller phones. I love the option to just put the phone in my pocket as I'm running and/or working out. But one major feature of the iphone plus has had me take notice... the battery life.

Since I use my phone so much, batter life is a huge feature I look for. I know the iphone plus has a substantially better battery life, which entices me to purchase the larger phone (despite the fact that I've never liked big phones).

My question: Based on the way I use my phone: should I bite the bullet and get the bigger phone? My biggest fear is I won't be able to get used to the bigger size (and the size con will outweigh the benefit of the better battery life).

Go to a store and test both devices to see which one you like better. Only you can make that choice.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if you don't like big phones, the plus isn't for you. It's definitely a big phone (so people tell me, I just think their phone is small...now)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup best to go in a handle both phones. That's what confirmed it for me that the Plus was the one for me. The 6 is great also I got a chance to play around with one last night and I think it's a great upgrade for a 5s or less.