Why isn't the camera flash and flashlight not working on my iPhone 6 plus 128GB (IOS 8.1)?

I

iMore Question

I have had my phone a couple of weeks and the flash and torch worked to begin with, then stopped. After several discussions with apple and with me googling the problem at the same time, I read that HDR had to be off for the flash to work. I turned it off and the flash and flashlight worked fine so I thought that had been the problem. However, when I next went to use it it didn't work again. HDR was off. I have tried everything I can find on the internet. Hard reboot, backup, restore, set up as new phone, turn location services off, try camera from lock screen and change flash to on etc. Nothing worked. Haven't had a working flash for 6 days. Then today I plugged into iTunes, synced it then took it off and the flashlight and camera flash worked. Tried it again 20 minutes later without having changed any settings on the camera at all and it no longer works. I cannot find anyone with the same problem.
I did a settings reset etc too. Nothing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've only had your iPhone for a "couple of weeks", then I am assuming you're either at or have surpassed the 14-day return policy. Having said that, I would still make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem and ask them to exchange it. I have no idea why what you're describing is happening.

Cgm818

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my iPhone 6 64GB. This after having multiple charging issues. I've gone through about 7 cables both Apple and Apple certified ones in the past week and a half.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative