what to do when ipad gets wet?
i dont know what to do anymore, my ipad get wet please help
- 11-07-2014, 05:08 PM #2iMore Intermediate
- 115 Posts
Re: what to do when ipad gets wet?
"What to do if your iPad gets wet:
- Immediately turn off your iPad. Do not turn it back on, charge it, or connect it to a computer or other device.
- Second, hand-dry your iPad as best you can with a soft microfiber towel. Remove your SIM card and pat down any excess moisture and wipe out the headphone and charge ports.
- Next, quickly place the iPad in a bag of uncooked rice and let it sit for 48 hours in a dry place. You can also add silica packages to the rice to help the absorption process. The rice will absorb any moisture that remains in the iPad.
- After 48 hours have passed remove your iPad, and try turning it back on. Finally connect up your iPad to your computer and try to do a complete Restore with iTunes. This will provide you with the best chance of getting the iPad to its original working state."
- 11-07-2014, 05:10 PM #3
- 05-12-2016, 06:20 AM #4iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: What do I do when an iPad gets wet?
my son left my ipad in the rain when we noticed it it didnt look too wet we placed it in rice for three days charge side down when i plugged it in it seemed to be chargeing as the ipad was dead when we got it out of the rain only had 10% battery when left in the rain to begin with i plugged it in to charge and the battery popped up on the screen as if letting us know it was gonna charge so we charged it and at one point it said 3% after 12 hours of being now it not charging at all but will show the apple symbol or a flash of our home screen or the plug and the itunes symbol there is not chip or sim card in this ipad is this fixable
- 05-12-2016, 06:39 AM #5
- 7,825 Posts
What do I do when an iPad gets wet?
You can always test your luck and have the battery replaced but it may be a waste of money.
Do you live near an Apple Store? They should be able to run a diagnostic.
- By cmcduffie69 in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-07-2014, 02:52 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2014, 02:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2014, 02:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2014, 01:40 PM