Why isn't there an alert sound on my iPad Air 2 IOS 8.1 when receiving emails?
When I send a email to myself from my iPhone 6 IOS 8.1 to my iPad Air 2 IOS 8.1 there is no alert sound even though I have set a sound in settings on iPad
- 11-06-2014, 10:06 AM #2
- 38,433 Posts
re: Why isn't there an alert sound on my iPad Air 2 IOS 8.1 when receiving emails?
1. Have you check to make sure the volume is raised?
2. Do you have the Do Not Disturb function enabled?
3. Is the mute switch on the side of the device in the unmated position?
4. When you go to Settings - Notifications - Mail, is "Allow Notifications" enabled? Also while you're in that particular section, make sure that a notification sound is indeed set.
5. Make sure the device is not connected to something via Bluetooth.
- By Marty Edwards in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 17Last Post: 06-30-2016, 04:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 11-07-2014, 12:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2014, 09:28 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2014, 08:35 AM
- By tommyho3393 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-06-2014, 08:12 AM