What is the best online backup service?

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Best online backup service for mobile

Anyone know a good online backup service that does unlimited mobile backup with strong encryption? I am on budget by the way. Need to backup up all my family's iPads and iPhones.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best online backup service for mobile

iCloud works well for my backup needs...:)...Having said that, I don't have any personal experience with online backup services but some of the most advertised are Barracuda, Mozy, and Carbonite.

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

iCloud works well for my backup needs...:)...Having said that, I don't have any personal experience with online backup services but some of the most advertised are Barracuda, Mozy, and Carbonite.

Thanks! I am looking into the services you listed!

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I use Crashplan for my Mac and PCs. But none of these services backup iPhones and iPads. For that you can use iCloud and/or use iTunes on the PC and then use one of those online services to backup the PC.

Yes, def need mobile backup. Looking for the cheapest possible deal which always takes research and advice. Thanks for the info!

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I went with IDrive. They just started offering unlimited mobile backup for up to 5 devices. $4.99/year.

https://www.idrive.com/mobile/

I looked into their encryption and they do 256-bit AES with private key so no one but me can access my data. So far I like the interface and I love the price.