- iMore Beginner
- 84 Posts
Will buying from retailer mess up plan?
I never understood the deal about buying a phone through Best Buy or Wallmarts etc..
I have a family plan through Sprint and I,m not ready for an update on any of the phones but I,d like to get the IPhone 6. Currently we have 5c,s.
If I bought a new phone with a 2 year contract at lets say Best Buy will I now have 2 separate contracts?
Will I open my phone bill next month and find it to be much higher?
These may be questions I should be asking my provider but I know the minute I walk in there they are gonna try to sell me something in there store and probably have a million reasons why I shouldn,t shop elsewhere.
I,m wondering if someone here could shed some light on this for me.
I,m very new to the whole smart phone ( iPhone ).
I,ve allways had the cheap flip top types from the beginning.
I didn,t know what I had been missing.
- 11-03-2014, 07:49 AM #2
- 11-03-2014, 07:52 AM #3
- 2,387 Posts
Re: Will buying from retailer mess up plan?
Most retailers deal with the major four carriers in the US so your sprint plan can be set at the store you choose in most cases
Getting a new device on a sprint contract does come with activation fee but if you have a credit union account they will wave that particular fee but you still might have a few other small fees added on
I recommend going to the sprint store unless you find a better deal else where
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2014, 11:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2014, 10:14 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-02-2014, 04:54 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-02-2014, 04:00 PM