Why does my new iPhone 6 plus get quite hot when charging?

I

iMore Question

my new iPhone 6 plus gets quite hot when charging. The plug that goes into outlet too.

when i first received my phone I set it up using my MacBook plug to charge and the phone was almost too hot to handle. I called Verizon where I purchased it - and they would take it back. But tech said to charge on wall plug - which I did and now the plug is getting warm too. The phone is no longer hot to the touch though. I like it well enough that I don't want to trade it or exchange as I seem to read that this is a common problem. I turned off my iCloud as I read that might make it overheat. Why is this happening to the 6?

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: my new iPhone 6 plus gets quite hot when charging. The plug that goes into outlet too.

Mine gets warm to hot sometimes! I actually took case off to charge because it was getting that warm.
Weird but more recently doesn't happen as much lately.
Wall plug didn't get warm or hot.
Appears to have fixed it self perhaps?
I have had mine since launch.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: my new iPhone 6 plus gets quite hot when charging. The plug that goes into outlet too.

Mine gets warm to hot sometimes! I actually took case off to charge because it was getting that warm.
Weird but more recently doesn't happen as much lately.
Wall plug didn't get warm or hot.
Appears to have fixed it self perhaps?
I have had mine since launch.

😮blame it on Monday, I have 6, not 6+, YET !

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

My 6 got hot too. So hot in fact that it made the screen get weird lines across it. All my apps crashed like a drunk man at wedding he wasn't invited to.

I just didn't have good luck with it at all.

I think it's just because it's thin. If it's not malfunctioning from being hot, I don't think I'd be too worried.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro