How is the performance of the MacBook Air (2014) with respect to cubase, protools, logic pro, etc.?
I have purchased a macbook air 2014 version - 4GB, 13.3", 128GB SSD, core i5. I am intending to use it for software development related programming as well as for recording and composition (cubase mostly).
I want to know how the performance of macbook air 2014 is, with respect to cubase, protools, logic pro, etc., kind of applications.
- 11-03-2014, 05:00 AM #2
- 11-03-2014, 05:09 AM #3Banned
- 3,421 Posts
How is macbook air2014,i5,4GB,128GB SSD)performance with respect to apps like...
I just recently bought a MBA 11 inch 128 gig. Currently I use a 2007 iMac with Snow Leopard for music production running PT 9 and LP 9.
Based on what I've read you can get it done on MBA with Logic or PT. Mileage will vary based on track count and plug in count. I've heard of 84 track counts with LP and a 2011 MBA. Ram is a consideration of course 8gig would be better.
I haven't intended on using mine for nothing more than some Garage Band sketch work but I'm sure more can be done with a MBA and music production. I've done decent size sessions on machine much much less powerful than a MBA of any flavor.
If you have the programs load them up and see how far you can go. With any music production depending on how big a session is the more you have the more you can do. (Ram,Hard Drive,Processor) the better.
Last edited by iEd; 11-03-2014 at 06:50 AM.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2014, 11:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-03-2014, 08:24 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2014, 05:02 AM
- By WickedWitchSoftware in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2014, 01:08 AM
- By Sergio Guerrero Zurita in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 11-02-2014, 08:00 PM