Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Lost all contacts on I mac after downloading yosemite

Since downloading Yosemite on my iMac I have lost all my contacts. No idea where they have gone! Any advice?

Default Re: Lost all contacts on I mac after downloading yosemite

Are the contacts associated with an email service like iCloud, Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, etc.? If so, logon to the email account via a computer to see if the contacts are present. If they are, then simply reconfigure the email service on your Mac and/or go to System Preferences - Internet Accounts - [your email service] and make sure that there's a checkmark next to "Contacts" so they can sync to your Mac. If they are not present online, and if you do not have a backup .vcf file or similar of those contacts or a Time Capsule backup containing the contacts then consider them lost.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: How can I recover my lost contacts on my Mac after downloading Yosemite?

My husband does not have an Icloud account. he has lost most of the data out of his address book. is there anyway I can recover them?

He was using 10.6.8 prior to the upgrade to Yosemite.