Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Why isn't my iPhone 5 screen staying seated?

I was given an iPhone 5 because it didn't work. My plan is to use it for my own phone and sell my 4S. I replace lots of iPad and iPhone 4/4S screens, but I hadn't done a 5 yet. I replaced the Home button because I knew if wasn't working. I put it back together and it seemed fine. I went and had the service changed to my the 5 yesterday. Now two problems.

1. The screen is not sealing in the middle. and this morning even popped off near the home button. Did I miss something on putting a 5 screen back on?

2. The volume in the ear piece is VERY low! I can barely hear. The mouth speaker is fine and the volume is fine when I use a headset. Any ideas?

I'm glad this is mine and not a customer's so I can deal with my lack of knowledge without a timeline!

Default Re: Why isn't my iPhone 5 screen staying seated?

I can only *assume* you made an error when you put the device back together so try and retrace your steps. You can follow the iMore Blog tutorial via the following link.

How to replace a cracked screen on an iPhone 5 | iMore