how do I get started on a path that sets up icloud
my new ipad will not accept my ipad id, apple id, icloud id, network name or email address.
could it be that setting up a mac mini 4 months ago is somehow confounding this issue? if so, can any previous id be cleared off?
would it be better to wipe clean my new ipad air and start over?
I have tried several online videos or downloadable user manuals that refer only to generic instructions and (so far) none of them refer only to ipad air and do not contain appropriate prompts for contacts, etc.,etc.
thank you! Larry B
- 10-30-2014, 04:37 PM #2
- 38,479 Posts
Re: how do I get started on a path that sets up icloud
First of all, when you say "my new iPad Air", are you referring to it being brand new as in never been used or newly purchased but used?Anyway, if you have anything of importance on your iPad Air, offload it to your computer or to a cloud service like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. because the instructions I will be giving will delete EVERYTHING from the device.
1. Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Contents and Settings".
2. When the process is complete, and you are at the welcome screen, choose to set up the device as new and NOT from a backup.
3. If the device is somehow tied to an iCloud account AND the iCloud activation lock is enabled, you will need to enter the iCloud password associated with the account in order to use the device. I will assume you are the owner.
4. Follow the prompts and enter in information as needed until you get to the home screen.
5. Go to Settings - iCloud and set it up.
Hopefully, this will get it all working for you. If not, let us know.
- By Monopolo11 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-11-2015, 10:47 AM
- By Bluehair62 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 11-01-2014, 10:10 AM
- By thecaringkind in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 12Last Post: 11-01-2014, 08:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-30-2014, 02:33 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-30-2014, 02:22 PM