Why am I getting the error message iCloud Verification Failed / The request timed out when I am doing a backup?

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
iCloud Verification Failed / The request timed out?

I keep getting "iCloud Verification Failed / The request timed out" when I'm doing a backup or other things on my iPad and iPhone at home on wifi. I'm assuming this means that my wifi upload is too slow. Is this what this means?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iCloud Verification Failed / The request timed out?

Try going to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". [NOTE]You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi passcode afterwards.[/NOTE]

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

iTunes terms and privacy policy might have been updated and you need to check iTunes account and/or provide account verification using your credit card 3 or 4 digit code.

Try going to iCloud and then account settings. This is the best way to confirm if there is something that is missing. If you provide your iOS version we can probably provide you a walk-through for the same.

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, Just Me, D, It does it on several devices, so I don't think resetting network settings on one device will make any difference. That's why I figured it had to do with wifi speed.

sau124, it's not asking for the verification code. Went to my iCloud account settings, but I din't see anything missing. I think this must be tied to wifi speed.

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

I have just turned on iCloud Photo Library, and I get the error when I open Settings/iCloud/Photos , so that's why I think it has something to do with slow upload speed.

Zadoo Rajput

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Verification failed there was an error connecting iCloud ISO 8.3

Verification failed there was an error connecting iCloud ISO 8.3 iphone 6

lahrus

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". This fixed my issue. Thanks for the recommendation.

Peter Mallark

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
The reason more likely is that data connection access to "settings" is disabled. Try Settings>Cellular>Settings>Enable. Try turning off Wi-Fi and just connect with Cellular network. That should work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73