iOS 8.1 still losing signal - is it carrier or Apple fault?

I

iMore Question

I have cellular connection problem on my iPhone 5. After upgrading to iOS 8 my connection is often lost and I can't send text messages. When I try to make call it blanks out, hangs for a while and after couple of seconds, fortunately connection is restored. It is happening in different location of a city - different cell towers.

iOS 8.1 update hasn't helped at all.

Is it my carrier (PLAY, Poland) or Apple fault?

You can watch a video of this problem on my YouTube channel (housebee1). Forum doesn't allow to put links in a question :/

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
did it work fine on iOS 7? have you tried resetting your network settings? If that doesn't work if you have a back up in iCloud you may want to try restore

housebee

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it worked fine on iOS 7. I've tried resetting network settings - no results. I don't want to restore the phone because it's not a solution, and after reading other threads I have no guarantee that this will help.

In my opinion this issue is connected with iOS 8 update. Right now I'm curious whether to expect fix from my carrier operator or Apple.

link to video that I talked in the first post:
iOS 8.1 still losing signal - YouTube

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it worked fine on iOS 7. I've tried resetting network settings - no results. I don't want to restore the phone because it's not a solution, and after reading other threads I have no guarantee that this will help.

In my opinion this issue is connected with iOS 8 update. Right now I'm curious whether to expect fix from my carrier operator or Apple.

link to video that I talked in the first post:
iOS 8.1 still losing signal - YouTube

That's my only suggestion other than going to an Apple Store who will probably want to do a restore. Sorry good luck

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

housebee

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
So I called Apple and they told me to reset iPhone and set up as new device: iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device.
There is a chance that some kind of data in my iCloud account causes this problem. So setting up device as new may help. If not, I have to return my iPhone to Apple authorized service provider. Happily my repair coverage is still active.

Anyway, thanks phreddyl. I didn't want to restore device but it looks that this is my last chance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods