Do American iPhones work in the U.K.?
I'm going to to US and was thinking about purchasing an iPhone 6 while there.
Will the t mobile contract free phone work on U.K. networks and without needing to be unlocked by t mobile US?
- 10-28-2014, 12:34 PM #2
- 10-28-2014, 12:38 PM #3iMore Elite
- 2,761 Posts
Re: Do American iPhones work in the U.K.?
Hi there, it's a little bit more complicated than that. I've looked into this as well as I spend a lot of my year flitting back and forth between the UK and LA.
Here in the UK Apple sells the A1586 iPhone 6 and the A1524 iPhone 6 Plus. Those same models are sold in the US for use only with C Spire, Sprint and US Cellular. The AT&T, T-Mo and other ones use different LTE bands than those in the UK.
Here is a complete list of which phone is available in each territory - https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
The biggest thing to consider is to make sure you don't buy a CDMA iPhone in the US as that won't work in the UK.
- 10-29-2014, 06:27 PM #4
- By James Lee15 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-29-2014, 11:47 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-28-2014, 12:38 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-28-2014, 12:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-28-2014, 11:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-28-2014, 11:12 AM