28/10/2014 Upgrade Jailbroken Ipad 2 from iOS 6.1 to iOS 7.1.1 still possible ?
My old Ipad 2 is currently jailbroken on iOS 6.1 and I wanted to give it a try on iOS 7.1.1 (mostly because of the Personal Hotspot feature)
So I downloaded the 7.1.1 ipsw files, set my Ipad 2 to DFU mode and hit restore on iTunes . But I keep getting the error 3194 (after serveral tries)
Which made me wonder is it too late for me to upgrade my Ipad to 7.1.1 now that Apple has released 8.0.1 and stop allowing it ?
So is there anyway I can upgrade to iOS 7.1.1 now ? Please help me :o
Suggestions are much appreciated
- 10-28-2014, 10:30 AM #2iMore Elite
- 2,761 Posts
Re: 28/10/2014 Upgrade Jailbroken Ipad 2 from iOS 6.1 to iOS 7.1.1 still possible ?
Hi there and welcome to iMore.
Error 3194 is "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." I think this is because iOS 7.x.x is not being signed by Microsoft, so it can't be installed. If you tried to update it to iOS 8 then I doubt you would get the issue (but that isn't what you want, so we'll skip that).
I had a similar issue with my iPad 2 too some time ago and I rectified it by doing the Restore via the ipsw using a different computer. See if that helps.
Here's the official Apple Support thread on Error 3194 - Error 3194, Error 17, or "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" as it may help you further.
- 10-28-2014, 11:27 AM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-01-2015, 07:52 AM
- By alokeprasad in forum Apple PayReplies: 8Last Post: 12-01-2014, 08:20 PM
- By Darran in forum iPhone 6Replies: 18Last Post: 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2014, 10:57 PM
- By AnAppleADay in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2014, 07:07 PM