Amount of data stored in "other" doubled using all remaining memory
On the bottom of the iTunes summary page for my iPhone is a graph showing how much space each category of items takes up of my available 8gb. So Audio takes up 288mb; apps 1.3 gb, etc. There is one category named "Other". For the year+ that I've owned the phone Other was about a gigabyte. This week--it doubled to over 2 gb totally maxing out my phone. I had to delete a gigabyte of apps, photos, etc to free up space.
What happened (I think I installed OS 8.1 about this time)?
Did something take over my phone?
How can I manage the data stored in "other"?
Is there some way to find out what is in there and delete what I don't need?
- 10-26-2014, 07:03 PM #2iMore Pro
- 625 Posts
Re: Amount of data stored in "other" doubled using all remaining memory
I have seen this before and I did a backup and then a fresh iOS download and restore through iTunes. My extra space came back as normal.
I think doing updates with OTA keeps most files on the device, which uses plenty of storage.
- By Jim_in_VA in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2014, 05:55 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2014, 04:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2014, 04:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2014, 04:05 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-26-2014, 03:40 PM