Why are my emails in Outlook showing as read even though I haven't read them?

I

iMore Question

After Reading Email on iPhone, Cannot D/L to Outlook

I use GMAIL POP email on both iPhone 5s with ios 8.02, and Outlook 2010 on Win 7 Desktop. I have BOTH clients set to NOT delete messages from the server. When I read messages on my iPhone, they are NOT deleted from the server, BUT Outlook then will not download them to my desktop......as if they were deleted from server.....or as if somehow Outlook thinks it has already read the messages.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks much.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: After Reading Email on iPhone, Cannot D/L to Outlook

I'm confused. In the thread title you're saying that Outlook 2010 is displaying messages are read "even though I [you] haven't read them", however, in your post, you said, "when I read messages on my iPhone....Outlook then will not download them to my desktop". Are you reading them on your iPhone or not? Also, is there a settings that will allow Outlook to download "read" messages? I haven't used Outlook or Windows in years.

tperk100

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
After Reading Email on iPhone, Cannot D/L to Outlook

I am confused also. My post Title was supposed to be "After Reading Email on iPhone, Cannot D/L to Outlook."|

I AM reading the emails on my iPhone. As far as I know there is no Outlook setting for downloading "read" emails.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR