Airdrop not working with MBA mid-2012, Yosemite, iOS 8.1
Hi all, Airdrop is definitely not working for me with my iPad Air, iPhone 5 and MBA mid-2012. iOS 8.1 and Yosemite both installed and running pretty well otherwise.
I turn on Airdrop for Everyone on both iOS devices and the Mac.
I go to Finder on the Mac and see either the iPhone or iPad icon but not both.
I go to Photos on either iOS device to send my Mac a photo: all I get is the Airdrop icon but tapping it achieves nothing and I don't show up as a potential recipient (though I'm in the Finder on my Mac).
Seems pretty buggy to me.
- 10-23-2014, 12:03 PM #2
- 38,524 Posts
Re: Airdrop not working with MBA mid-2012, Yosemite, iOS 8.1
Make sure you are following the instructions found via the following link.
Mac Basics: AirDrop lets you send files from your Mac to nearby Macs and iOS devices
I can only send files via AirDrop to other Mac computers because my MacBook is older than 2012, and thus prevents me from sending stuff via AirDrop to iOS devices.
- 01-25-2015, 02:33 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Why isn't Airdrop working with MBA mid-2012, Yosemite, iOS 8.1?
I have been just wandering for quite a night over the web to find out a solution to this particular issue (no mid-2012 mac visible in Airdrop on iOS).
So, I seem to have found it, by rule of thumb, and must share it at least here:
the airdrop started working bidirectional for me after I had changed the following settings to "off" (or whatever it may be called in English version): system settings - network - bluetooth PAN - IPv4 configuration -> off.
If it works for you, please share further, because the problem seems very common with no solution readily offered.
- By dfbhd13 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2014, 01:19 PM
- By f1nrahman in forum iOS 8Replies: 5Last Post: 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM
- By Emmett95 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2014, 07:53 AM
- By Ahmed Nasser EL Lakkany in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2014, 03:48 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2014, 11:29 PM