Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Airdrop not working with MBA mid-2012, Yosemite, iOS 8.1

Hi all, Airdrop is definitely not working for me with my iPad Air, iPhone 5 and MBA mid-2012. iOS 8.1 and Yosemite both installed and running pretty well otherwise.

I turn on Airdrop for Everyone on both iOS devices and the Mac.
    I go to Finder on the Mac and see either the iPhone or iPad icon but not both.
    I go to Photos on either iOS device to send my Mac a photo: all I get is the Airdrop icon but tapping it achieves nothing and I don't show up as a potential recipient (though I'm in the Finder on my Mac).

Seems pretty buggy to me.

Default Re: Airdrop not working with MBA mid-2012, Yosemite, iOS 8.1

Make sure you are following the instructions found via the following link.

Mac Basics: AirDrop lets you send files from your Mac to nearby Macs and iOS devices

I can only send files via AirDrop to other Mac computers because my MacBook is older than 2012, and thus prevents me from sending stuff via AirDrop to iOS devices.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: Why isn't Airdrop working with MBA mid-2012, Yosemite, iOS 8.1?

I have been just wandering for quite a night over the web to find out a solution to this particular issue (no mid-2012 mac visible in Airdrop on iOS).

So, I seem to have found it, by rule of thumb, and must share it at least here:

the airdrop started working bidirectional for me after I had changed the following settings to "off" (or whatever it may be called in English version): system settings - network - bluetooth PAN - IPv4 configuration -> off.

If it works for you, please share further, because the problem seems very common with no solution readily offered.