Why can't I have all my apps under 1 apple ID?

I

iMore Question

Why cant i have all my apps under 1 apple ID

I changed my apple ID .Now i want to update my old apps and they are asking for my old apple ID and i have forgotten the password and security answers. I want all my apps to be under one apple ID.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why cant i have all my apps under 1 apple ID

I changed my apple ID .Now i want to update my old apps and they are asking for my old apple ID and i have forgotten the password and security answers. I want all my apps to be under one apple ID.

First of all, Apple has never allowed apps purchased under one AppleID to be shared or merged with another AppleID. The new Family Share feature may help with this issue. If the Family Share feature does allow it, you?re going to need to know the password and/or security question answers to validate your login.

Now, you have forgotten the password and the answers to the security questions, but you expect Apple to just let you waltz in and get access to this account? That?s not going to happen. If they did, what would prevent any one from doing the same thing to your account? It?s part of the security of iTunes and AppleID.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have to laugh when I hear people say they forgot their security question answers. I mean, "Who was your first grade teacher?" Or, "What is your pet's name?" shouldn't be too difficult. It always makes it sound suspicious. Sorry, but it does.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Well I often make my security question answers nonsense-random lowercase, uppercase, numbers and symbols just like a password. So I don't remember them but I do put them in a password manager app.

Great minds think alike.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox