Why is the initial data load to my iPhone 6 taking so long?
I am loading my new 128G iPhone6 from the most recent backup of my 4s. I am hardwire connected and backing up from iTunes on my Mac.
The music titles (3k ish) are there but no music. The icons for my Apps (140 ish) are there but only a few are actually available. I opened one App to verify function and closed all background activity on the phone.
It has been doing so overnight and still says "Step 5 of 5 - Waiting for items to copy". I do see the shadow of all my apps that are greyed out & "Waiting" and found at least one that says it's Loading. This has been running at least 10 hours. Should it be taking this long??? I am wondering if I should abort & start again.
- 10-19-2014, 08:39 AM #2
- 10-19-2014, 08:43 AM #3iMore Genius
- 3,160 Posts
Re: Why is the initial data load to my iPhone 6 taking so long?
It would depend on how fast your computer can transfer your content to your phone, mine takes about 30 minutes for 18.5 GB of music and about 1 hour for 22 GB of apps.
After 10 hours though I would stop and start again.
Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
- By nr2d in forum iPhone 6Replies: 18Last Post: 10-31-2014, 07:05 PM
- By itsMohsinK in forum iMessageReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2014, 02:42 AM
- By robertk328 in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 2Last Post: 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-19-2014, 08:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-19-2014, 07:30 AM