Album covers gone, only iTunes music, tons of data in "Other"?
Several weeks ago, my iPod touch (5th generation), 32 GB, held over 1700 songs and 700 photos and videos with space to spare. Lately, whenever I have tried to sync it, it leaves off all album covers, and it also leaves off music that I got from places other than iTunes. (Imported CDs, etc.) This time, it says there is over 21 GB in the "other" portion of data in the bar of usage on the bottom. I looked through usage in settings and it says on my iPod itself that there is still 6 GB free, but the computer says I need an additional 3 GB to put all music on and it doesn't change. I wondered what could be taking up all the space in the "other" portion? Or if that is even the issue in the first place?
- 10-19-2014, 01:04 AM #2iMore Guru
- 1,822 Posts
Re: Album covers gone, only iTunes music, tons of data in "Other"?
What all do you have on your iPod? Other is taken up by anything that isn't music, photo/video, documents, apps. It is filled with my app and web caches and other random information. If you are unable to find what is using your other space and you can't delete it, the only thing I can recommend is to restore your iPod, set up as new, then sync everything over again. I know it's a pain but it clears out the Other space efficiently.
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2014, 12:27 PM
- By Septembersrain#AC in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2014, 12:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-18-2014, 11:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-18-2014, 11:34 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-18-2014, 10:51 AM