Why did you pick Apple over Android?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Iphone vs android

Why did you pick Apple over Android?

Phone Junkie

I prefer the apple because of its smooth os and easy to use. I don't buy into the stats non sense I just buy what works for me. I also own a galaxy s5 but never use it hardly

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I didn't choose Apple over Android, I never considered Android. I chose Apple because of iOS, excellent build quality, dependability, ease of use and customer service.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Android is a clunky, mostly forked walled garden mess filled with third party bloatware. Have to rely on carrier for support. Poor apps. You'll look dumb using it.

Apple has it all with access to all the major ecosystems. Best support. Best apps. Best mgmt tools.

That's it in a nutshell.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Android is a clunky, mostly forked walled garden mess filled with third party bloatware. Have to rely on carrier for support. Poor apps. You'll look dumb using it.

Apple has it all with access to all the major ecosystems. Best support. Best apps. Best mgmt tools.

That's it in a nutshell.

I have to disagree, although I am an iOS user. Android Kit Kat is a very smooth and fast OS. apps are really good. Though I do agree about the carrier support. I do agree with your assessment of Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

I have to disagree, although I am an iOS user. Android Kit Kat is a very smooth and fast OS. apps are really good. Though I do agree about the carrier support. I do agree with your assessment of Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it is. But most android users don't know that because only a few use kitkat on a nexus. Most use an older forked version loaded with bloatware. I doubt they care though. It was cheap right?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I prefer the apple because of its smooth os and easy to use. I don't buy into the stats non sense I just buy what works for me. I also own a galaxy s5 but never use it hardly

I agree with this post. I also have a Galaxy Note3 which I rarely use. The iOS "JUST WORKS" for ME

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I first chose iOS for consistency, but not so sure any more. Day to day performance varies for me, that includes battery, stock apps hanging, etc...

Android: things seem to be getting better regarding the above issues, especially with Kit Kat.

Build quality was/is also great, picked up a 6 today, but prefer the boxy-ness of my 5s.

Android: manufacturers are making great strides to build a well built device.

For me, apps aren't that crucial. I have about a dozen installed and I am content with that.

Android: I can have the same apps on both OSes.

If I didn't mind Google's primary business of ads and their tactics towards their services, I might consider switching at some point.

I was a BlackBerry user originally, then WebOS (man I miss WebOS, damn HP and Leo A.)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

When I chose the original iPhone it fit right in with my Mac. The 6 months I had Android back in 2011there was a break in the flow of computer and phone. No fun at all.
All the task killing and "you should root the phone" was a pain. The half *** apps that screwed with the Android OS Gingerbread at the time just got tiring.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site

I go back and forth between android and iOS. They both have their pros and cons. When I'm bored with Apple I go back to android and vice versa.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I chose Apple because it just works. It's dependable. I do feel that they don't innovate as much anymore, so I've honestly gotten kind of bored with iOS. I have given Android multiple tries and the only way to get it the way I want it is to root it beyond recognition. It's just not for me. I've also tried BB10. Love it! Unfortunately, they came to the game too late.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I apologize in advance because this is going to be a bit of a rant. First off: it's not "iPhone vs Android." iPhone is a device. Android is an operating system, found on numerous mobile phones and tablets from a huge plethora of manufactueres at a variety of price points.

Second: it's not "choosing Apple over Android" as Apple is a company, that makes everything from software, like computer and mobile OS, as well as applications... To physical hardware, like computers, media streaming devices, MP3 players, tablets, phones, and various accessories. Again, Android is just an operating system.

A correct question would be: why did you choose the iPhone over a Galaxy device? Or why choose iOS over Android. Or why choose Apple over Samsung? That way, you're comparing "like" things. A specific device family vs a specific device family, or an operating system vs an operating system, or a hardware company vs a hardware company.

That all being said, I would not say anyone here chose the iPhone over only Android devices. That implies that the choice is only among two operating systems. I chose the iPhone, over the Android devices on the market at the time, and the BlackBerry and Windows phones on the market at the time. Why? I have always like the physical appearance and build quality of the iPhone. I have always liked iOS for its stability. I like that the iPhone has good battery life despite its very small battery. I like the camera. I like the apps... and most importantly, I like the Apple ecosystem. I have a MacBook and an iPod Touch and iPad Air and an Airport router and use services like iTunes. I also use iWork and iLife apps, and also Google apps like GoogleNow, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides, which are all available on the iPhone.

I don't think the iPhone is flat out better than an Android device, and whether it is or isn't is certainly up for debate for those so inclined. But I prefered the iPhone for my needs at the time I bought it. I've had BlackBerry devices. I've had Windows Mobile devices. I've had Android. They were all great devices in their own ways. I currently have an iPhone. But I'll admit the Nexus 6 has my immediate attention.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I apologize in advance because this is going to be a bit of a rant. First off: it's not "iPhone vs Android." iPhone is a device. Android is an operating system, found on numerous mobile phones and tablets from a huge plethora of manufactueres at a variety of price points.

Second: it's not "choosing Apple over Android" as Apple is a company, that makes everything from software, like computer and mobile OS, as well as applications... To physical hardware, like computers, media streaming devices, MP3 players, tablets, phones, and various accessories. Again, Android is just an operating system.

A correct question would be: why did you choose the iPhone over a Galaxy device? Or why choose iOS over Android. Or why choose Apple over Samsung? That way, you're comparing "like" things. A specific device family vs a specific device family, or an operating system vs an operating system, or a hardware company vs a hardware company.

That all being said, I would not say anyone here chose the iPhone over only Android devices. That implies that the choice is only among two operating systems. I chose the iPhone, over the Android devices on the market at the time, and the BlackBerry and Windows phones on the market at the time. Why? I have always like the physical appearance and build quality of the iPhone. I have always liked iOS for its stability. I like that the iPhone has good battery life despite its very small battery. I like the camera. I like the apps... and most importantly, I like the Apple ecosystem. I have a MacBook and an iPod Touch and iPad Air and an Airport router and use services like iTunes. I also use iWork and iLife apps, and also Google apps like GoogleNow, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides, which are all available on the iPhone.

I don't think the iPhone is flat out better than an Android device, and whether it is or isn't is certainly up for debate for those so inclined. But I prefered the iPhone for my needs at the time I bought it. I've had BlackBerry devices. I've had Windows Mobile devices. I've had Android. They were all great devices in their own ways. I currently have an iPhone. But I'll admit the Nexus 6 has my immediate attention.

Very well said

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Hmm. I'll rank phones by year.
2003: palm treo 300
2004: treo 600
2005: treo 650
2006: treo 755p
2007: Palm centro (iPhone wasn't smart yet)
2008: iPhone 3G
2009: Palm pre.
2010: iphone 4
And iPhone ever since. Going by memory past years. Some may be off.

As you can see I liked Palm. Much better than rim or ms at time. And the best of Palm was still better than the pre retina iPhones. Imo of course.

Webos was sad. It remains my favorite OS.

Apple is so far ahead of everyone it's not even funny. For many reasons. But namely ios and iPhone is their primary business.

Google happens to make android. Samsung and others happen to also make phones running android. MS is clueless. And BB has a fork in them. Amazon happens to make a phone running android.

Again it's apples bread n butter. Everything rides on it. And it shows. Their competitors know this. Samsung tried to copy everything. Amazon, Google, MS, all LINE up to get their apps updated for iOS.

It's a joke that we see see these threads wondering which is better. It's not close. It's not even subject to whatever silly little needs you think you have.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site

Apple has its share of problems. iOS 8.0.1 ring a bell? How about Apple Maps? Tim Cook had to publicly apologize for that mess when it was introduced. Antenna gate (you're holding it wrong). iOS is still behind Android in many areas and Apple is now copying things that have been available on Android for years. When Apple does copy they don't necessarily get it right. The Hey Siri function only works when an iDevice is plugged in, and even then Siri sometimes responds to what it hears on the TV. Atrocious! My Moto X is trained to respond to my voice only and works whether the phone is plugged in or not. "It just works" is no longer a proven mantra. iOS 8 on my iPad 3 is sluggish. Animations are glitchy. Apple is getting messy.

Sent from somewhere

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Apple has its share of problems. iOS 8.0.1 ring a bell? How about Apple Maps? Tim Cook had to publicly apologize for that mess when it was introduced. Antenna gate (you're holding it wrong). iOS is still behind Android in many areas and Apple is now copying things that have been available on Android for years. When Apple does copy they don't necessarily get it right. The Hey Siri function only works when an iDevice is plugged in, and even then Siri sometimes responds to what it hears on the TV. Atrocious! My Moto X is trained to respond to my voice only and works whether the phone is plugged in or not. "It just works" is no longer a proven mantra. iOS 8 on my iPad 3 is sluggish. Animations are glitchy. Apple is getting messy.

Sent from somewhere

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413727538.470655.jpg

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I like both platforms, iOS for dependability and apps, Android for device diversity and screen sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I didn't choose one over the other. I use both.

My preferred OS and the one I would not give up if I had to choose one is iOS because of the quality of iOS, the apps, the support, and customer service. I know what the experience will be the instant I pick it up. And I appreciate the way all my devices interact.

As far as Android, I just picked up a Note 4 running 4.4.4. It is not a mess; rather it is very smooth and has been a pleasure to set up and use.

Big differences between the two - bloatware. I had to spend time deleting what I could and there are some Samsung apps that I wish I could delete. Another difference is the wariness that I feel using Google apps; I am more vigilant when it comes to permissions and access.

I am enjoying using my Note 4 tremendously. The cliche about the messiness of the OS is a reactionary argument that has some validity but not as much as it used to have. True, it requires more effort out of the box, but it is by no means "messy" nor are all devices "cheap." My Note 4 is a solidly built beautiful device and the OS is FAST.

Matter of personal preference. I *prefer* iOS but I am extremely happy with my Note 4.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234