Why did you pick Apple over Android?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Iphone vs android

I actually didn't. I've got both. For a phone I chose the 5c. However I do keep my Note 3 around in my purse to use in my car. It's full of music, pictures, and videos.

I've got so many other phones and sold many of them too...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't pick Apple over Android. I chose the iPhone over all other smartphones because it was what I wanted, and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. I chose the iPad because I simply wanted one. It had nothing to do with Android. I chose my MacBook after years of owning a Windows machines because I wanted to see what all the fuss over Macs were all about. I didn't like it at first, but then I got used to it and have been using it ever since. Again, Android had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I actually (for now) have chosen Android over iOS. I use the LG G3.
My Review

While it does have somethings I don't like, so does iOS. I don't have an iPhone to review but I will post a video soon about what I like & don't like about iOS anyway. :)

Pros-
1) iMessage - yes, I know this is stupid, I know, I know, I know
2) Stability - app crashes don't happen as often; Apps just work.
3) Control Center - While android has the notification bar, you can't seem to do what apple has done with their control center
4) Overheating - doesn't happen as often and takes a lot more for it to happen when it does
5) Customizability - read below
6) Continuity - gives me a reason to use my iPad more now (if I had the iPhone)

Cons-
1) Customizability - while this is also a pro and a con for android, this is a con for iOS. you can't do as much with it which is a good and bad thing as well.
2) iPhone 6 Speaker (when I had the i6) - it is not as loud as my iPad Air nor my LG G3. I would prefer it louder.
3) Price - it costs A LOT
4) doesn't sync to my Windows computer - I use MightyText & MySMS (depending on the day lol) to sync my texts and send texts from my computer to anyone and I can hold full conversations typing from my desktop or laptop and the other person wouldn't know the wiser. With iOS you have to have a Mac. I don't like Mac and they are too expensive and I just don't like them, so I will never get one. So, I will lose out on this functionality cause Apple doesn't want to make it available on iCloud.com (which is stupid, you should be able to at least send and receive texts from your email from iCloud.com, maybe not your mobile number but your iCloud.com email should work... sheesh)

That's what I think about iOS. Watch the youtube video for my android/lg g3 review.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I bounce back and forth (just like a woman) and it depends on my mood. If I am in the mood to customize I use my Note 3, if I want simplicity, I use my iPhone. Right now, I am using my iPhone 5s and haven't thought about my Android device.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Why did you pick Apple over Android?

Phone Junkie

I actually use both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, I chose apple for my phone because I am on verizon and they did not get nexus devices. Now that they have finally gotten another nexus, I am thinking of selling my tab and using the nexus 6 along with my iPhone, and use that as my tablet replacement since I do not use my tablet that much anymore.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I was bored with Android but I still use it. Playing around with Android lollipop right now, but my iPhone 5s is my daily driver, love the touch id and camera on the iPhone.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Because it is dependable in both build and software. I've had a plethora of Android phones along with a Nexus 7 tablet. My Nexus 7 was fast until about the 9 month mark and then it degraded. My friend has a Nexus 7 which isn't even usable anymore. Anyway, a list:

For iOS(Apple):
1) No wakelocks
2) Customer Service
3) Great warranty/extended warranty
4) If something goes wrong I get it fixed/replace fast
5) Premium build quality
6) No lag even after a year
7) No crashing apps except for facebook(it's the only app that I feel like I am back on Android again)
8) Everything the iPhone does, it does EXTREMELY well. With android, they always choose a couple areas to excel in and everything else is mediocre. Camera, audio quality, stability, OS looks
9) Apps are CHECKED for reliability. Seriously, there is always an app in the android app store which destroys my battery. You have be very careful.
10) Looks(not a big one for me but the phone is sexy as ****)
11) Incredible ecosystem and I'm not just talking about apps. My iPhone and mac(my preferred work environment, I have a windows 8.1 desktop at home and I hate the OS) work perfectly together and more stuff is being added all the time!
12) Updates all the fricking time
13) I prefer the look of iOS over Touchwhiz or stock Android. I do like the look of Sense UI though even if I hate Blinkfeed.
14) I hate having layers and layers of UIs. I just want one. I don't want to install a launcher that will take even more battery with the regular UI working underneath and still Android working underneath.

Perhaps the biggest one: I don't have to root/install a custom rom my device to make it work for me and to increase the performance of the phone to what it SHOULD already be at. Why is it that 3rd party people can create faster and more efficient versions of these UIs/OSs? I don't want to void my already crappy warranty and support just to get great performance when the phone is laggy or soon will become laggy.

Last edited:

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a macook pro retina and apple TV. My iPhone will integrate with these flawlessly. For example if I am writing a document in pages I can save it to iCloud and instantly edit in on my iPhone or an ipad. Or I can wirelessly stream my music or photos to my 55 inch TV. Not to mention how easy many apple apps are. I use iBooks to sync between my mac and iPhone when reading stuff for school. Besides all of this, I went apple because I love their customer service and the fact that I can physically go to a store and interact with geniuses to fix my issues. I enjoyed using android but after a while you want something that is simple and at the same time reliable and useful. That's why I went with an iPhone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
-Ease of Use
-Functionality
-Continuity and Handoff
-App Ecosystem
-Music and Movie content
-No Bloatware
-Fingerprint sensor that works
-No lag
-Instant software updates
-Useful features
-Long life of device
-Build quality
-Quality hardware

These are just a few of the reasons I continually choose iOS over Android. Plus, it works best for me and my needs. I couldn't care less about the beefy specs of competitors phones with 2.x GHz Quad-Cores with 3 GB of RAM. When the iPhone consistently outperforms the competition with its "worse" hardware, I just smile and laugh :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I prefer the apple because of its smooth os and easy to use. I don't buy into the stats non sense I just buy what works for me. I also own a galaxy s5 but never use it hardly

This exactly!!!!! I started off with Android & moved to a 4S, which at the time I thought was very boring. After owning 4 iPhones I've come to appreciate reliability & smoothness of the OS plus it works seamlessly with my MBP & MBA. I also own a Samsung Galaxy S5, which is a good device but I don't use it very much. Some of the apps I use don't work as well & it doesn't respond as fast as my 6+.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Music player. Specifically iPods. I had a 20 GB ipod. Loved it. I have and 80gb ipod, loved it. I have an old nano i use for working out. I use my phone more now but i still love it when i want something light weight. I didn't want to carry two devices a phone and an ipod and thus i got an iphone. Music is probably 70% of what i do with my phone so it needs to just work. the tags need to read properly, do gapless and a bunch of other stuff. I listen to audiobooks and i love that it easily remembers where I left off.

Style: I just prefer the monochrome sort of look of Apple. I find the look of it less sexy. it's improved but still a bit gawdy. Microsoft and it's tiles and crazy colors is about as far from my style as you can get. I read a great post about google once saying their products are made by tech guys that want utility without style. That's why android started off looking so ugly and had lots of features but wasn't well thought out. Apple thinks about the look of products and the style. It's not made for the technophiles but the masses. I'm the masses. I care about looks and about the style. I do use google partly because what i want isn't fluff in my search it's text. lots of text results. I want fluff in my OS.

function: Also, I find android a bit less streamlined. I've used them and adjusted but some things have a back button some don't.

I've used Android. I could use it permanently, I considered a switch if i didn't get a change to the iphone case i liked. I even managed to do a chart of all the apps i use on iphone to find out if it was on android. All but two were and it was tweetbot and downcast. I'm guessing i could find an android twitter and podcasting app pretty easily. So it wasn't a hurdle. I have some pet peeves about how it organizes music which is a big annoyance. It loves to give you giant lists of songs which is annoying when you have 100+gbs of audio (though less but a lot on my phone). But i was happy with the most recent iphone launch. The stuff i didn't like i'm dealing with. But i'm not dogmatic about either platform. It's a tool for a job and a preference. It's not a religion.

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
1) iOS is wayyyyyyy smoother and more reliable than Android
2) Hardware is more premium and longer lasting.
3) Love the camera on iPhone.. Its fast and photo quality is amazing.
4) Much better battery management despite a smaller battery.
5) True Multi touch display , not just pinch to zoom.. As far as i know, android phones only have pinch to zoom as a multitouch gesture.. Two or more apps cant be swiped away in the task switcher screen on android, unlike on the iphone..
6) Better quality apps (apps which I use)

7) More importantly, I love the fact that i dont have to become a software engineer, hunt down and research wakelocks, disable/enable fast dormancy, root the phone, learn what kernels and modems are and do, in order to get satisfactory performance out of my phone.. I love it that apple has done all that for me. :) :)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I had an Android phone years ago and had nothing but trouble with it. Swore I would never get another, and haven't. Pretty simple I suppose.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal