Upgrading from Yosemite Beta Program to final release?

I

iMore Question

I was part of the public beta program for OS 10.10 Yosemite. If I'm running the latest release (Yosemite Beta 6), do I need to install the final release of OS X? There is nothing pending for me when checking software updates.

Thanks in advance for your help.

James

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was part of the public beta program for OS 10.10 Yosemite. If I'm running the latest release (Yosemite Beta 6), do I need to install the final release of OS X? There is nothing pending for me when checking software updates.

Thanks in advance for your help.

James

You can upgrade (OS X Yosemite should be in your Mac App Store > Purchases tab), but it is not necessary. (I was a part of the Developer / Apple Seed program.) Here's what I got via email from Apple yesterday:

There are only minor differences between the last seed build (14A388a) and the build posted to the App Store (14A389). The full OS X Yosemite installer is available as a free upgrade in the App Store. Following installation, look for a software update for iTunes 12. If you still experience critical issues with this build, the project will remain open for your feedback.