Why is the Yosemite installation stuck at the Apple logo?
I downloaded Yosemite this morning, it rebooted, and now it's been stuck with the apple logo on a gray screen with a progress bar not moving for about an hour. Do I let it continue? Is something wrong?
- 10-17-2014, 11:20 AM #2
- 10-19-2014, 09:25 AM #4
- 10-19-2014, 10:29 AM #5
- 10-19-2014, 12:14 PM #6
- 10-19-2014, 03:42 PM #7
- 10-19-2014, 04:40 PM #8
- 10-19-2014, 05:22 PM #9
Re: Why is the Yosemite installation stuck at the Apple logo?
Well, I couldn't wait any longer. I held the power button in to shut down, waited 10 seconds, restarted.
The Apple logo screen displayed and the the progress bar slowly started progressing. I thought it was going to stall at the same midpoint but instead the logo and progress bar disappeared and thankfully everything proceeded as it should.
- 10-19-2014, 06:57 PM #10
- 10-20-2014, 03:55 AM #11
- 10-22-2014, 03:25 PM #12
- By kingweb in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 4Last Post: 10-17-2014, 12:29 PM
- By infty in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2014, 12:23 PM
- By SprSynJn in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 4Last Post: 10-17-2014, 09:58 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-17-2014, 08:30 AM
- By MasiMass in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2014, 06:20 AM