How Free is iWork for Mac?

I

iMore Question

I've heard from multiple news sites that iWork for Mac is free once you upgrade to Mac OS X Yosemite. However, I am confused as to whether that means completely free, as most sites say, or free only for a recently purchased Macs. Can anybody clarify that please? Thanks a bunch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pages is free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Yosemite required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID

Pages is just one example of the iWorks suite of apps - All of which are FREE in the manner mentioned above.

Source: https://www.apple.com/pages/#mn_p

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Effectively, iWork is NOT FREE.

Yesterday's Apple keynote gave me the impression that Apple was making iWork truly free for everyone. They did not mention the stipulation that it's free for those with new devices and those who already had iWork, as they specifically said at last year's keynote. Shame, I would have actually given them a try on my 2011 Mac. Such is life.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday's Apple keynote gave me the impression that Apple was making iWork truly free for everyone. They did not mention the stipulation that it's free for those with new devices and those who already had iWork, as they specifically said at last year's keynote. Shame, I would have actually given them a try on my 2011 Mac. Such is life.

I was under this impression too but have been unable to download any of the iWork apps on my 2008 iMac without paying for it. I'd really like to use these apps so I guess I'll just bite the bulletin and buy them but if there's a chance to save some cash, free is always nice.

elliwhi

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded all the IWork 5.2 DMG files for free online somewhere, and as soon as they installed I upgraded them through the App Store. Still work like a treat and I use them pretty much every day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711