How do I take advantage of iCloud photos to free up space
In one of the presentations I've seen recently (I forget which one), I could have sworn Tim Cook say that it wasn't necessary to delete any photos anymore to free up space because soon they'd all be on iCloud. I desperately need this feature but can't seem to figure out how to enable it.
I pay for 200GB of iCloud storage, am in iOS 8, an iPhone 6, osx Yosemite beta 4, and yet...
How do I do this? In hoping it's dead simple and I'm just not seeing it.
- 10-15-2014, 04:08 PM #2
- 38,444 Posts
Re: How do I take advantage of iCloud photos to free up space
The iCloud Photo Library, currently in beta, and as I understand it, will be similar to Photostream, but you will be able to see the photos online or from any of your devices. If you delete them off of one device, they will still be available to the other devices, and thus, helping you to save space on your device without losing access to the uploaded photos. This feature should become available when OS X Yosemite is officially released.
There's another thread in regard to this via the following link.
iCloud Photo Library (beta) Access
- By John Yester in forum iPad mini 3Replies: 42Last Post: 02-08-2015, 10:48 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:49 PM
- By bennylava90 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:36 PM
- By OConnorkev in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM