my ipod touch 5th gen wont restore because it "cant find the device"
so my ipod froze and i jailbroke it, i respringed the device but it took too long so i rebooted it, now it's stuck on the apple logo but then it goes to the load wheel
i tried the whole " hold down the two buttons for 8 seconds and then connect it to itunes " thing but it didnt work, i even went to restoring to factory settings but it can't find the device, i tried doing the hold down both buttons for ten second and then the home button but the cable to itunes image didn't show
WHAT DO I DO I MISS MY IPOD
- 10-15-2014, 09:23 AM #2
- 38,514 Posts
Re: my ipod touch 5th gen wont restore because it "cant find the device"
1. Turn the device OFF.
2. Turn on your computer, make sure it's connected to the internet, and then make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
3. Plug your iPod Touch to your computer via the USB cable and put the device in DFU mode. Instructions for DFU mode can be found via the following link. Note: There will be NOTHING visible on the screen when in DFU mode so don't expect to see the iTunes logo and the USB cable pic.
DFU Mode - The iPhone Wiki
4. After the process is complete, set up the device as new or from a backup. You will lose your jailbreak status.
- 10-15-2014, 09:35 PM #3
- By Vortec 5.3 in forum iPad AirReplies: 27Last Post: 03-14-2015, 04:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2014, 07:58 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2014, 06:46 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-14-2014, 04:28 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2014, 04:22 PM