Are there iOS apps that can replace the primary Android apps when I switch over?

abuh

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
Looks like I'm moving from android to iOS (courtesy of my employer) in the very near future, and I need advice on what apps to use on iPhone/iPad replacing the following android apps I'm using all of the time:

1. AirDroid -- it links up my phone/tablet with a PC via the local wifi network so that I can totally access files and all on my tablet from the PC
2. ConnectBot, JuiceSSH -- SSH clients, for remote access to some linux servers I must work with (telnet, ftp/scp)
3. FileExpert -- a file manager for manipulating files on my tablet
4. Polaris office -- for viewing and editing MS word, excel, powerpoint files
5. ebook reader for various formats (djvu, epub, pdf, mobi)
6. Pulse -- newsfeed
7. fing -- network status checker

I'm completely new to the iOS world, but will have to adapt to the new environment very quickly, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Huba

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: android to iPhone -- what iPhone apps replace my chief android apps?

welcome to iMore- Pulse has its own iOs app and I believe so does Polaris office

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You should be able to find either iOS versions or 3rd party versions of the apps you mentioned in your post with relative ease via the App Store.

abuh

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks -- the chief problem is I find way too many for each category, and I'm lookig for some orientation in the replies: which of the (seemingly?) relevant or corresponding apps is the best. If I had the time I would surely go through some apps, trying them out one by one to find the most suitable one -- but now I'm very tight on time so I'm kinda hoping for quick pointers.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's difficult to answer what is the best app since that is subjective. The most responsible option is to guide you to the App Store. Chances are the apps you're using in Android are on iOS.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro