How to change a phone number connected to iPad imessage
My iPad is connected to my son's old iPhone instead of mine- he set iPad up as gift. How can I get it changed to my phone? Any messages I send on my iPad, he gets on his phone, even when the number is not checked in settings.
I have tried the following:
Had him create a different iTunes account
Reset iPad to original settings and then updated
Signed out of iTunes account on iPad. Signed back in. Had son sign out and back in.
- 10-11-2014, 10:51 AM #2iMore Genius
- 20,830 Posts
Re: How to change a phone number connected to iPad imessage
You need to go into Settings>>Messages>> then tap 'Send & Receive'... see who's AppleID is at the top... if it's not yours, tap it... a box will pop up... hit "Sign out"... then log in using your AppleID and then set/add additional email addresses you might like to use...
Do the same as above for FaceTime....
- 10-12-2014, 08:40 AM #3
- 03-18-2015, 02:16 PM #4
- By CrackOne in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 10-12-2014, 12:55 PM
- By acejunker in forum iOS 8Replies: 6Last Post: 10-12-2014, 02:10 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2014, 08:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2014, 12:23 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-11-2014, 10:12 AM