How much can you run on MacBook Air at a time?
I currently have a MAcbook pro. But I am planning to buy a Macbook air due to its light weight and portability.
I require it to surf net, watch movies, listen to songs, facetime for personal things.
I need to use various Microsoft programs, Mysql, R software and some other statistical software sometimes all at once.
Will Macbook Air take this much load?
- 10-09-2014, 07:07 PM #2
- 10-09-2014, 08:16 PM #3Banned
- 8,230 Posts
Re: How much can you run on MacBook Air at a time?
Load all those things up on your MacBook Pro and look at Activity Monitor and see how much RAM you are using. Make sure the Air has at least that much RAM.
I've never used R but I'm assuming like most statistical software it is going to be fairly CPU intensive. Although I'm sure the Air could do it, you'll probably be happier with the Pro. Although it depends on what generation of Pro you currently have. If your Pro is 2012 or newer with a quad core processor, I'd suggest staying with the Pro. If your Pro is older than that and it currently runs everything you need sufficiently, then the Air would probably be fine.
- By djr12 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 14Last Post: 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM
- By xMatter in forum iOS 8Replies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2014, 09:15 AM
- By Tanya De la Morena in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-09-2014, 08:52 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-09-2014, 05:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2014, 04:09 PM