Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Is my iPhone 4S totally dead?

Wasn't sure what else to ask! As brief as I can -

A week ago, after using my phone most of the day, I go to charge it as it seems to have ran out of battery. After leaving it for a while, I go to grab it and the screen is black. Totally black. Resetting didn't work. Took it to a local repair place thinking the battery had finally given out (it had been getting very hot the past few charges) and they tell me they tried one of their tester batteries and that wasn't the problem. They then tested with another screen but it was still unresponsive. They say they found moisture under the screen and at the back of the phone (baffled by that) and say it could be a problem with the logic board. They took it all apart, cleaned everything, put it back together and gave it me back. They claimed that the phone was working, you could hear sounds but that the screen was totally unresponsive. I've got it at home and was going to try and do as much as I can given the phone was supposed to be working, just with a blank screen, and it's not doing anything. It's dead. It won't charge, it's not even getting warm, it's just... dead. Is a repair possible, is there anything else I can try?

So much for brief!
    iMore Genius

20,830 Posts

Default Re: Is my iPhone 4S totally dead?

Sounds like you've already done what one might do in your situation... I'd replace it.
    EmceeGeek likes this.