Phone choosing help???

Zach Wallace

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
So my mom has an iPhone 4 (CDMA Verizon 2010) and she wants to give it to me and activate it on a prepaid carrier. It runs iOS 7.1 and from what I've seen, it is insanely slow! She said that was the reason she had to upgrade to the iPhone 5S, and not wait a month for the 6. My problem is that I personally like a phone that I could do stuff with. I want a Moto G because I've seen good reviews. However, I would have to pay $49.99 (as of Oct, 8th with US Cellular) It seems more fast than an iPhone 4!

Now give me your guy's opinions!
Should I go with the free iPhone 4, or pay for a Moto G

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your voice is very simple. Either fork over the $49.99 for the device you want or accept the iPhone 4 your mom wants to give you. If you want the Moto G, fork over the cash and go get it. If you don't want to fork over the money, get the iPhone 4 that your mom wants to give you and be grateful to have a phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Zack, there are things you can do to speed up the 4. To help your 4 run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility and toggle on Reduce Motion.
4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh" for all apps.
5. Keep app cache deleted where possible. Some apps, like Facebook, have to be deleted and downloaded back to get rid of the cache. Good luck with whatever you do.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So my mom has an iPhone 4 (CDMA Verizon 2010) and she wants to give it to me and activate it on a prepaid carrier. It runs iOS 7.1 and from what I've seen, it is insanely slow! She said that was the reason she had to upgrade to the iPhone 5S, and not wait a month for the 6. My problem is that I personally like a phone that I could do stuff with. I want a Moto G because I've seen good reviews. However, I would have to pay $49.99 (as of Oct, 8th with US Cellular) It seems more fast than an iPhone 4!

Now give me your guy's opinions!
Should I go with the free iPhone 4, or pay for a Moto G

Pay the $49 for the Moto G. It is simply going to be a better experience than a 4 year old device.

hurts

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'll say if the $49 won't hurt your wallet, go for the Moto G. I feel that the iPhone 4 just isn't capable of iOS 7 (it has the same GPU as the 3Gs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner