Resetting an iPad with jailbreak
A while back I jailbreaked my iPad and stopped using it a month later. Now I want to reset it and give it to someone. However I forgot my password and a reset would not work because apple notices the jailbreak and cancels the reset.
- 10-07-2014, 01:15 PM #2iMore Genius
- 6,429 Posts
Re: Resetting an iPad with jailbreak
You can't reset it on the device itself when it's jailbroken.
You'll have to hook it up to iTunes on a computer and do a restore of it. Note that that will eliminate the jailbreak though. A restore will install iOS 8
The PITA way around that is to delete all your stuff manually and sign out of your Apple ID when you're done so your friend can sign into his/hers.
And if you don't know the password to it, you're out of luck. Sorry.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 11-21-2014, 11:41 PM
- By M_G_D in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 25Last Post: 11-08-2014, 10:55 AM
- By fightcrazy in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-07-2014, 09:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2014, 08:00 AM