How can I set Trash (Mavericks) to not permanently delete items I initially delete from my external drive?
The trash bin on the external drive no longer is linked to the main trash, so I am asked if I want to permanently delete the files. I prefer to use the trash and review again before delete permanently. This behavior started only recently, a few days ago.
- 10-05-2014, 09:08 PM #2iMore Expert
- 931 Posts
Re: How can I set Trash (Mavericks) to not permanently delete items I initially delete from my exter
There's the option to "Show warning before emptying Trash" in the Finder Preferences. The discussion below may have some insights.
Delete files without emptying the Trash - Mac OS X Hints
- By Berry_Pink in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2014, 10:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2014, 09:18 AM
- By katzen007 in forum iPad AirReplies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2014, 04:56 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2014, 12:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-05-2014, 12:12 PM