Why does an error message in iTunes say it will not connect to my iPad? It says the session ID is missing.

I

iMore Question

what does error message iTunes could not connect to this iPad. the session id is missing.

i updated to iOS 8 on my iPhone & iPad & after it was done, iTunes gave me this message:

iTunes could not connect to this iPad. The session id is missing.

I got one oft my iPhone too. But the update took.

Any ideas?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: what does error message iTunes could not connect to this iPad. the session id is missing.

Go to iTunes or the App Store and scroll down to your Apple ID at the bottom. Make sure your ID is there and that it is correct.
Here:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412449630.952644.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

GeneralBLB

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: what does error message iTunes could not connect to this iPad. the session id is missing.

thanks for the quick reply. both are correct however. any other ideas or is this just a bug from ios8? i haven't had any problems synching.

sadamny

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting this error as well. I'm also getting a massive amount of "other" 33gb on my 128gb iPad. furthermore, my sync sessions take forever generally and sometimes i cut them short. not sure if that is the problem or if you have done that as well.

just like you, the updates take, even though i get the error.

I've tried a full restore and i get the same issue again soon enough.

YSLH

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem when trying to sync photos from my iPhone 5s to my iphone 6 using iTunes on the Apple Mac laptop? Any suggestions how to resolve this? Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2